Ghanashyam Misra and Sons Pvt Ltd. (GMS) & Lal Trades & Agencies Pvt. Ltd. are the flagship companies of Misra group, which have been in the mining business for the past four decades, was incorporated by Late Mr. Ghanashyam Misra in 1970, to support India's steel industry. Today, the group has mining operations in the mineral rich belt of Mayur Bhanj district in the state of Orissa having a capacity to deliver about 2 million TPA of High Grade Iron-Ore.
The company's other activities include mining of limestone & chinaclay.
- Fully mechanised mines
- Own fleet of dumpers and equipment.
- Retained area – more than 500 hectares
- 6 major ore bearing faces with expected reserves of more than 100 million tonnes of high grade ore (above 63+)
- Proven reserves of more than 150 million tonnes of fe - 61 and below. Further exploration is being done.
- Having environmental and forest clearance for mining more than 7 million tonnes per annum
Mining Growth Path
- Development of three additional mines for which mining license already awarded
- Increase in iron ore production upto 10 million tons per annum by year 2012.
- Increase in export of iron ore upto 8 million tons per annum by year 2012.
- Exploration and mining of low grade ore
- Recovery of ore from over burden dumps by magnetic separation.
- Development of complete railway siding.
- Railway siding co-user agreement formulated at various locations.